- Release 5.3 - announced September 2013
- Release 5.2 - announced June 2013
- Release 5.1 - announced February 2013
- Release 5.0.1 - announced October 2012
- Release 5.0 - announced July 2012
Enhancement in Eversync Release 5.3 include:
- The Virtual Backup Software (software-only data protection) is now available in two versions: the Basic Edition (which is free) and the Enterprise Edition. For details, see the Virtual Backup Software page.
- You can download a free version of Eversync’s Virtual Backup Software here. This software is a VMware virtual appliance you can use to protect up to 2 TB of data. This is not a trial; it does not expire.
Eversync Release 5.2 included several minor bug fixes.
Enhancements in Eversync Release 5.1 include:
- Virtual Backup Software
- support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
- Eversync 2700 data protection appliance - replaces the Eversync 2500
- larger appliance configurations with 4 TB drives - With the exception of the Eversync 1000, currently available appliances now support hard drives of up to 4 TB
- additional bug fixes
For more information, view the Release 5.1 webinar (no registration required).
Customers running Release 5.0 or 5.0.1 with Eversync hardware who wish to upgrade to Release 5.1 can do so at no additional cost by contacting Eversync Support. For information about upgrading from a pre-Release 5.0 release to Release 5.1, see the upgrade information below.
For more information about Eversync 5.1, see the February 5, 2013 press release: Eversync Announces New Virtual Backup Software; Packaged VMware software backs up both physical and virtual servers with subscription based licensing starting at less than $200/month.
Also see the blog entry from DCIG, Virtual Backup Appliances Get a Personality in Eversync 5.1.
For complete details of the features available with each of the Eversync backup appliances and the Virtual Backup Software, see the product spec sheet.
If you have an older Sentio appliance, you may be wondering if you can upgrade it to run on Eversync 5.x. The answer depends on which Sentio model number and part number you have, and how long ago you purchased the appliance. Eversync is offering an incentive rebate to customers wishing to upgrade.
To determine what your specific upgrade/trade-in options are, contact Eversync Support.
When contacting Eversync Support, please be prepared to provide the serial numbers of your appliances. The serial number can be located near the front of the appliance either on the left side or on the top left.
Customers not wishing to upgrade to Eversync 5.x will continue to receive maintenance releases of the RevOS software for Sentio appliances.
Free Chassis Swap with Replication Unit
When you buy a second backup appliance of 2U or larger to be used for replication, you can get your chassis swap upgrade for free.
If you are running a release prior to Eversync Release 5.x with non-Release 5.x hardware, and are interested in upgrading to Release 5.x to get replication, this is your ideal time.
If you are running legacy (pre-5.0) hardware and buy a second backup appliance* for replication:
- Eversync will give you a free chassis swap of your legacy hardware.
- Eversync will provide you replication deployment service for free.
* Second appliance must be the same RU size or larger than your existing legacy appliance.
Contact us to learn more about this offer.
Learn More About Eversync 5.1
To learn more about Eversync 5.1:
- View the presentation describing what’s new in Release 5.1
- Sign up for one of our Wednesday demos.
- Sign up for a live demo at your convenience.
- View a recorded demo of Eversync 5.1.
The main enhancement to Release 5.0.1 over Release 5.0 is the addition of the active-to-active replication feature. Customers running Release 5.0 with Eversync hardware who wish to upgrade from Release 5.0 to Release 5.x can do so at no additional cost by contacting Eversync Support.
Starting with Eversync Release 5.0, Eversync has a new product line of Eversync appliances and Eversync OS 5.0. This major release includes both hardware and software changes, as well as upgrade options.
The main features of this release include:
- best in class virtualization
- suitability for mid-market with supporting capacity (50-100 TB), features, and performance
- mobile applications for anytime, anywhere management
Eversync 5.0 includes performance improvements of up to 5X, in particular:
- faster throughput and more memory
- instantaneous granular level file and email restores for physical and virtual servers
- new 1 GB and 10 GB Ethernet options and more ports
The Eversync 5.0 release runs on the Eversync series of appliances that support a host of data protection features including backup, support for Exchange 2010, inline block deduplication, active/active replication, NIC bonding, and enhanced virtualization features. The Eversync appliances are capacity-based, and the new Eversync product line includes two categories of appliances: traditional backup appliances, plus full data protection appliances.
Learn More About Eversync 5.0
To see a demo of Eversync 5.0:
- To see a live demo of Eversync 5.x, sign up for one of our Wednesday demos.
- Sign up for a live demo at your convenience.
- To see a recorded demo of Eversync 5.x, view it now.